Tuesday 30 July 2013

Wishes

View this Dvolver movie animation and make a note of the 3 wishes that are made.  What do the different types of wishes express?:


You can get your students to create simple movies to send to you to view, or you can embed them on your class blog or wiki.
 Find out how to create your own Dvolver movie in minutes by viewing this video tutorial.
See how Dvolver was used in an educational international cultural exchange project.
This very interesting TESL-EJ September 2008 article tells you how schools from Brazil, Japan and Argentina collaborated on a cartoon festival using Dvolver.

Two Famous Oxford Statues

Do you know where this statue is in Oxford?  Can you complete the statue's wish?


I wish......I could leave!
If only.......I could say something to the tourists!
If only...... I could say what I feel

Further practice with mixed wishes:
If only.......those people would stop shouting!
I wish.... people below would stop taking all those photos!
I wish..... I hadn't been put here!

Have you seen this life-like statue in the centre of Oxford?


What is this statue thinking?

The Iron Man statue was created by Antony Gormley. You can read all about how the statue was placed on the roof of Blackwell's Art and Poster shop in Broad Street in 2009 here..
You can view Antony Gormley's website which includes more of his famous statues here.


No comments:

Post a Comment